Since first opening our doors in the Philippines, we at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® have made community building and giving back critically important components of our company philosophy. We pride ourselves in building connections through our company’s commitment to engage our loyal and discriminating Customers in an authentic and meaningful way.
The Giving Journal
Every year, in the months leading up to Christmas, we release our Giving Journal around a holiday campaign benefiting the Real Life Foundation, and every year, we make it a goal to create something better than the last, constantly evolving the journal to share our passion for GIVING, SHARING, and COMMUNITY.
For 2015, the theme of our Giving Journal is to provide the inspiration to create OVERFLOWS in one’s life. We desire for everyone to thrive and live in abundance when it comes to developing personal fulfillment & growth, strong relationships, and a joyful spirituality. To give to others, one must first have something to give, and through the Giving Journal, we hope to empower everyone to become the best version of themselves.
The essence of OVERFLOW is captured in a poem highlighted in the Journal:
I choose to grow each day
To be purposeful at work and play
And throughout life’s highs and lows
I choose a life that overflows
I choose to take steps forward
To make sure each day is fully explored
And whether I meet with joys or sorrows
I choose a life that overflows
I know that no diligence is wasted
That little by little goes far when added
I know that goodness echoes
So I choose a life that overflows
Someday I’ll look back
At my well-traveled track
I’ll beam because my heart knows
I chose a life that overflows
The Real LIFE Foundation
We at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® bring the spirit of the Giving Journal to life through our partnerships with various social organizations, championing volunteerism through our Customers and Team Members. We have already raised more than P10M for a number of advocacies since 2008, but more importantly, have been able to create much needed awareness for truly worthy endeavors like Habitat for Humanity and Real LIFE Foundation. Through LIFE scholarships, poor but deserving scholars are given the material and financial assistance they need to finish their high school and college degrees. The scholarships are supplemented by LIFE coaching, where mentors help equip scholars with the values and skills they will need to succeed in the real world. These scholar-graduates become living examples of what the program stands for: Leadership, Integrity, Faith, and Excellence. Since its humble beginnings, the Real LIFE Foundation has financially assisted more than 1,000 scholars and produced over 200 university graduates.
Quite simply, what we want to do through the Giving Journal is to inspire our community to follow their passions, nourish and grow their talents, never stop learning, and foster more meaningful relationships. In the words of our CEO Walden Chu: “The concept is very simple—it’s about reminding people that they can make a huge difference in their own and other people’s lives by growing to become the best version of themselves—to realize that their lives are brimming with opportunities to share and then prompt them to give back. As we all look forward to 2015, it is my sincere prayer that the Giving Journal can help all of us brew our best year, and that we will always be moved to love, give and serve.”
How to avail of the 2015 Giving Journal:
1. A minimum single-receipt purchase of a regular or large sized Original Ice Blended®, Espresso/Coffee-based, or Tea-based Beverage, Frozen Swirl or CBTL™ capsules qualifies a customer to get a stamp card.
2. Each card consists of 12 circles with corresponding purchased drink/item assignments. These are as follows:
(1) Original Ice Blended® (any flavor, regular or large)
(1) Tea Latte (any flavor, regular or large)
(1) Espresso/Coffee-based Beverage (any flavor, double, regular or large)
(1) Holiday Featured Beverage (Winter Dream Tea Latte or Red Velvet, regular or large)
Any (8) Original Ice Blended®, Espresso/Coffee-based or Tea-based Beverages, or Frozen Swirl (any flavor, double, regular or large)
(1) Box of CBTL™ capsules (any flavor) = 2 stamps
(1) CBTL™ Single Serve Beverage System (Kaldi, Contata and or Desto) purchase automatically allows the customer to claim his/her 2015 Giving Journal
3. Stamp card must always be presented UPON PURCHASE so that a circle may be stamped whenever its corresponding product assignment is purchased
4. Once all 12 circles are stamped and completed IN ONE STAMP CARD, customer will be able to claim The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® 2015 Giving Journal at any The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® branch. Combining of stamps cards is not allowed.
5. The completed stamp card should be presented and surrendered to the branch where The Giving Journal will be claimed. The cashier will punch the stamp card to prevent reuse.
6. Not valid in conjunction with other promos.
7. Promo period is from October 25, 2014 to January 11, 2015.
8. The 2015 Giving Journal may be claimed at any The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® branch all throughout the promo period from October 25, 2014 to January 11, 2015, or until 60 days after the promo has ended.